Saturday, June 18, 2005

Walking Meditation

On a weekday basis I walk and meditate on what is happening in my life. I may ponder what someone said or think about the people in my life. I may dream about future possibilities.

The people I pass on my walk are important to greet, even though I may not know them personally. I may stop and talk with familiar people or neighbors. Being open with new people is important to me.

The interactivity teaches me about the level of communication and the mood people are in. When you are feeling good you can talk more openly. If you are not feeling good you may be less interested to talk. Sometimes if I feel down I force myself to greet anyway. Sometimes I am feeling hurt and say nothing.

Interacting with everyday people has been wonderful therapy for me. If someone smiles back it can lift my whole day. A smile brings emotional endorphines and the walk results in physical endorphines. I reward myself with a diet coke when I return. It is great.

Dave :>)

No comments: