Monday, June 06, 2005

Blogging: a way of practicing hope !

"Keep hope alive...There is always a reason to hope, and it is a central factor in successful procovery -- both as a broadly underlying condition and as an active strategy." Page 13 of the Power of Procovery by Kathleen Crowley.

What is my hope resource?

I hope in healing. I hope my family and friends will have successful healing for all the quirks and damage from the past. Although the past can't be changed there is potential for forgiveness resulting in healing. The water has gone under the bridge. We must turn towards the hope of the future. The future as well as the present is where healing and procovery will take place. I hope in my procovery.

I hope in the advancement of lagging western religion, namely through progressive christianity. The Jesus Seminar scholars and their 'groupies', including me, have some informative teaching and religious educating to do. The emerging paradigm involves much spiritual transformation and holds the promise of living fully, loving wastefully, and being all one can be. I hope in a christianity having one foot in scholarly awareness of the history and tradition of the church, with the other foot in the current river of 21st century understanding of the scientific knowledge we hold.

I hope in a world without discrimination of minorities including racial, religious, gender, and sexual preference. I hope in the spread of humanity and allowance of vulnerability for the entire planetary population. I hope for people believing in other people. I hope in multi-culturalism and a fair world of economic equities for all human beings.

What is your hope resource?

Dave :>)

No comments: