Wednesday, June 15, 2005

The Criticality of Hope to Procovery - Page 78

Page 78 - 79 Hope is the answer to the question, "Why?"

...Why apply for a job where, even if you get it, you will be paid minimally, stigmatized maximally, and risk losing your benefits?

My procovery is no longer viewed by me to be unwanted in some position of employment that makes my family feel good when some child asks them what uncle David does. With jobs being exported and workers being illegally immigrated: my employment means taking the job opportunity from someone else!

My real procovery is social support with friends and fellow consumers. I can be a resource only to peers that may see me as such. Although I can point to a progressive christian leader for my family, they are free, as I am, to choose their own religious path. Almighty God will acknowledge that much!

My procovery is sharing my strengths, weaknesses, and my successes and failures with whatever peers are interested to know them. My procovery involves careful listening and feedback to those who are in need. Let God heal us through our huddling together like a good football team!

Dave :>)

No comments: