Thursday, July 06, 2006

Bipolar - illustrated


tool 2
Originally uploaded by parasites.
This photo isn't real. . . but it's very well done.

I thought this photo was disturbing and eye-catching.

It reminds me of how strange it is to be in the world of bipolar or unipolar disorder (unipolar is usually called depressive). I sometimes feel like I have three sets of eyes. It’s like they rotate in my head. They take turns being my main source of seeing and interpreting the world. I have the "down" me, the "up" me, and the "normal" me. Each "me" sees the world differently. My depressive eyes see gloom, doom, and disinterest. To my manic eyes, the world is uniformly marvelous, exciting, and at times chaotic.

When I'm up, I buy several of whatever needless thing I'm buying. Then I can share with friends who don't need the stuff either. And I do this whether or not I have the money.

It's not easy having strange eyes that I can only manage to some degree. People think, "Oh, all of us have up days and down days". Trust me, it's much more severe than that. And when I'm down, it seems to last forever . . . . . . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MARVELLOUS WORK BY PARASITES @-)

Godsdragon said...

Timothy, I found your blog thru my bipolar ring, kind of interesting to find a friend that belongs to 43T... Long time no see...

Broken Winks now New Wings