Thursday, May 19, 2005

My procovery

Dear viewer:

I have been doing my own watered down version of procovery for a while. I just never realized it. My procovery "takes a licking but keeps on ticking". This I say because when something goes wrong I just get down and unfocused. Sometimes my effort stalls while I try to understand why I failed and just what happened to me. I ask did I do something wrong or did I just get attacked? Was I verbally assaulted? Sometimes I am thoroughly stunned for awhile. But then later I see what overwhelmed me and I pick up the broken pieces and put them back together and my procovery goes on. Kathleen Crowley has verbalized to me what I have been trying - very weakly - for a long time. Now I have a word for my "rescueing and ministry" and it is Kathleen's word: Procovery!

My hero Spong said: "Wholeness for everyone is required before any individual can be whole.."

LOOK OUT everyone because I want to be whole!!

Dave..

2 comments:

Timothy K. Hamilton said...

Don't undervalue your achievements towards procovery. You have obstacles that most people don't have. Just the fact that you are willing to put yourself on the line writing on this BLOG is something to be proud of. And loosing 37 pounds by walking 3 miles a day consistently is admirable. None of us is "there", we are all "on the way"

Anonymous said...

EXACTLY!!! Did you ever see a movie called, I believe, "An American Quilt" ? What I most remember is that with each "oops" or "lesson" we learn from all of our experiences is what makes us who we are and each of us creates an original from the pieces of our lives. She created a wall, a mosaic right on a wall in her home made up of all the broken pieces of china, pottery, etc. Like the phoenix rising out of the ashes...
a becoming creation of unique beauty, in process....