Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Being passionate about anything is grand.

/
Watching TV (or drinking for that matter) is not a bad thing in and of itself. But almost anything done to the point that it dominates my live requires some close attention. Why am I doing it? There’s usually an unmet NEED. Often I use TV (or food, or computers) as a DRUG to numb myself from what’s going on. But trying to get myself to change is like trying to rip an old, crusty bone out the jaws of a dog. It’s much easier to throw down a juicy steak (e.g. an inspiring activity). Then the dog will DROP the bone, and go for the steak. What I mean is, I’m finding wonderful things to do that I can be passionate about, and I’m devoting less and less time to watch TV. Without really trying, the less valuable things drop away, as long as my focus is on wonderful things.

No comments: