Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Kathleen Crowley - chapter dissolving stigma

Page 121 of The Power of Procovery:

"Over time, consumers begin internalizing expectations of not making progress or not achieving the same things in life as their peers".

Maybe we can not achieve the same as our peers but we can acheive different successes than those peers.

I will never have the American dream of a wife a house a two car garage with our two cars and our kids but I may achieve the rich harvest of having lived a happy and joyful life of peace and freedom not having to be obligated to a church or the responsibility of children. I'm rich with all my friends who are also happy and joyful people not fretting or worrying about all the burdens of parenthood or house upkeep or mortgage expenses. My heart is truly free from false expectations. The matter just becomes the ability to see the other 'happy' side of the coin!

Peace and joy,

Dave :>)

No comments: