Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Yukon Territory


Yukon Territory
Originally uploaded by creativity+.
You may have thought I was depressed. . . . since I haven't posted for a couple of weeks. Actually, I've been traveling, and, as you can see, surrounded by stunning natural beauty.

One of the problems of being bipolar is that when I start getting excited (like at the beginning of a journey), I have to "guard against" my own excitement. Most people can just enjoy being excited. But as someone who has highs that are "too" high, I have to be watchful, which takes some of the FUN out of it. However, it is so very important for my health and well being that I maintain my awareness of my mood, and manage it carefully. My Psychiatrist and my dear wife, Grace, are some of the "mirrors" I use to make sure I'm seeing my status accurately.

By careful management I was able to get through this travel period without incident. I guarded my sleep and adjusted medicines carefully and with approval my wife and Doctor.

It's worth staying stable, and worth the effort to stay balanced.

No comments: