Monday, June 19, 2006

BALANCE - hard to do when up or down

Daily Things to DO

I've been in a Euthymic to HypoManic state for the last 4 weeks. (look up the words, as my mother always said. One of the problems with having a mental disorder is that when I have an UP mood, and are gathering steam, enjoying life, being creative, and getting excited, I have to put a LID on it. Most people can just enjoy excitement. For me, it means a yellow "caution" light. I have to work extra hard to get the sleep I need, to wind down at night, to avoid caffeine, and to keep my BALANCE. At times when I'm UP emotionally, I have to make a plan to maintain my equilibrium. So this is what I came up with this time. . .
One hour of flickr per day, yeah, right !!!

So far this year, (out of 5 1/2 months) I've been DOWN for 3 and UP for 1. That's only 6 weeks of NORMAL. Of course, when I'm down, I don't participate in much of anything.
And when I'm UP, I talk too much and am very wordy, as you can see and verify from this long ENTRY. . ..

=^D

LARGE size version of my BALANCE spreadsheet is HERE: Or simply click on the picture. . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes!!! its not fair is it?? i'm in a hypomanic phase too.. and i LIKE the creativity.. i LIKE that i dont struggle to smile... i LIKE that i dont drag myself around day after day counting down the hours til bedtime again.

putting a lid on things really BITES ....


(endless beauty via flickr)