Thursday, July 14, 2005

Facilitator not the star of the group

The second meeting of the maplewood procovery circle was very successful in that nine people attended and shared quite openly. We 'just started anywhere' since the group is in it's formative stage. I thought everyone shared very well being open and honest with each other. I admit that the one hitch in this meeting was my fault when I opened my big mouth once too often. I was the offending party and I hope the victim and the group will forgive me. Everyone is still welcome to attend and I hope to make amends next Monday. My lesson: sometimes the facilitator is weak in comparison and poor in judgement. Please give me another chance.

Dave

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Group Strength happens because of the "many together" and is not de-railed by one of its parts.

Think of the roller coaster ride.
When there is a dip, a downward spiral, it is the energy of its "many together" that takes it right back up the next hill.

You had a large group and felt alot of responsibility, right? Let yourself be energized by the experience and don't look back. As in Procovery, go forward now. You are "part of the 'many together' " and already on the ride back up!!